About Good ShepherdGood Shepherd started 75 years ago to bring the Gospel to those living on Elgin's west side. Today, that vision of growth compels Good Shepherd to "love people into a living relationship with Jesus."
Good Shepherd was started as a mission church in 1938 and grew steadily. As the church grew so did the ministries it offered. In 1956 Good Shepherd created another church in Elgin, Calvary Lutheran. In 1961 Good Shepherd Lutheran School began. The school was created to serve 'west side' families and meet their educational needs. During the continued expansion of Elgin, both Good Shepherd Lutheran church and school grew. In 1979 the preschool was added to help meet the increased demand in the growing Elgin community. In the early 1990s, as Elgin continued to grow west of Randall Road, Good Shepherd again saw the need for a new church. Through the vision of many faithful leaders the Nesler Road Christian Life Center opened in 2005, and God continues to bless the Elgin community through Good Shepherd.
Good Shepherd continues to dream of growth, as the Christian Life Center is only the first building project at the Nesler Road site. As God continues to bless and grow Good Shepherd, plans continue to build to meet the needs of the growing Elgin community, as we have done for the past 75 years. We praise God for this history and look expectantly to the future.